Applications for General Apprenticeships are now open! Please click here to contact a member of our team or email email@example.com
Being a Brafe Apprentice
Brafe is always looking for talented employees from school and college leavers through to higher education students.
We are committed to embracing and developing the next wave of Foundry-workers and Engineers. Our need for committed, enthused and skilled employees is a continual process, critical to meeting the ever-changing needs of our customer base and industry.
What We Expect of our Apprentices;
- Punctuality – To be ready and motivated to work each day.
- Commitment – A drive to learn, absorb information and become the future of our Industry.
- Respect – Our colleagues, Customers and Suppliers.
- Compliance – To work safely; Using common sense and following Procedure and Process.
- To embrace all that is good about Brafe; Its Culture, Ethos, Past and Future.
What our Apprentices Expect from Us;
- Reward – A rate of pay and rewards befitting of the role; and beyond our statutory obligation.
- Commitment – To offer the most relevant and specific Training and Qualifications, supporting the practical application of skills.
- Valued – The same level of respect as any other employee or stakeholder.
- Compliance – A safe and secure working environment.
- To instil all that is good about Brafe; Its Culture, Ethos, Past and Future.
Apprenticeship Success Stories
Sam joined Brafe as a Machining Apprentice having already completed a Level 2 Machining course at College. After just 2 years Sam has completed his Level 3 Apprenticeship and is now working independently on both Manual and CNC Machines. Sam has also been trained to use our new Tool-Setting system and has helped to train other machinists in the use of the system.
Owen is one of Brafe’s newest apprentices and is working towards his Level 3 Machining Apprenticeship. Owen already had experience of machining from his BTEC at high-school and is now putting that in to practice and developing his skills in our Machine Shop. As part of his apprenticeship, Owen will spend time on both Manual and CNC machines as well as learning about the processes that go on before and after the Machining stage.
Josh started at Brafe as a summer intern and continued part-time alongside his Level 2 College Course where he received the Award for Outstanding Progress in Engineering. Josh is settling in well to the Upgrade department and is continuing his studies as an Welding Apprentice, learning every aspect of the job, from heat-treatment to welding.
Josh started working at Brafe straight out of high school and is currently on a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Mechanical Manufacturing. Josh came to Brafe as a Foundry Apprentice and soon settled in to the Repliwax department where he works alongside experienced technicians. Josh has already become a key member of the department, being our resident ‘robot expert’ having been trained extensively in the programming and running of the robot.
Alex is Brafe’s Maintenance Apprentice, specialising in Mechatronic Maintenance at Level 3. Alex came to Brafe with good experience already, having worked on Stoxkarts for many years as his hobby. After only 1 year at Brafe Alex is already fabricating parts by himself that will be used all around the site and accompanying Maintenance Technicians on critical breakdowns. Over the course of his Apprenticeship, Alex will work towards a Level 3 BTEC, NVQ and work-based assessments to ensure he is properly trained to join the Maintenance team as a full-time Technician.