Job Title:- CNC Turning Supervisor
Hours:- 37 hrs - Week
Salary:- Hourly pay TBA
Position:- Full-time - Permanent, immediate start.
The Company is an employee owned company and are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting global customers with an end-to end single service solution. As a business, who believe in investing in the 3 P’s; People, Plant & Process and that investing time and resource into these areas will be a key factor into the company’s future performance and competitiveness.
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for Professional Development.
- To work with a range of high specification Materials; Stellite, Inconel, Duplex alongside Carbon and Stainless Steels.
- Producing low volume, high precision parts for a range of industries, from irregular Castings produced on site.
- Quality is critical. Finished products are being produced to a very high standard with minimal tolerances.
- Experience in Vertical Boring
- To ensure the smooth, efficient and cost-effective output of Works Orders through all CNC turning centres. Including directly adding value by Machining Castings and collaborating directly with machine shop management.
- To uphold the quality levels of all responsible Work Centre’s and Machinists in line with Brafe and Customers expectations, acting as the first line of quality inspection prior to delivery to next operation
- To make best, and most effective use of Human Resources dedicated to responsible Work Centre’s.
- To train apprentices, junior staff or those in need of additional skills development
- To execute and train where necessary the “Assembly” Operation on relevant Works Orders.
- To aid Machine Shop efficiencies by generating smooth and when possible, batched product flow
- To ensure Castings are correctly identified when leaving Work Centres.
- To adhere with all Manufacturing Control Procedures relevant to above Work Centres
- To manage Annual Leave and Weekly Timesheet’s of relevant staff, and to aid Management in Overtime planning.
- To assist in the training and development of staff, exploiting all cross-training opportunities when presented.
- To assist in the recommendation and implementation of new equipment, plant and process.
- To keep abreast of industry best practice and latest methods of machining relevant to the department
- To ensure personnel have access to and wear suitable PPE at all times. While reporting all risks, near misses and accidents to those responsible for Health & Safety.
- To assist in the delivery of all primary production targets; including reduced scrap, reduced lead-times, maximised on-time-delivery and maximised profitability.
- To help integrate our people and process to deliver business objectives, while upholding the principles of continuous improvement and a positive company culture and at all times.
- To undertake any other appropriate task as dictated by company Senior Management.
- Experienced and self-motivated CNC Turner supervisor who can demonstrate leading a team.
- A self-sufficient, self-starter, who can work on your own initiative to a very high standard.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring high processing speed, but ultimate accuracy with minimal error.
- To have a passion for engineering and a pride in their work to ensure product quality and company reputation is constantly upheld.