Brafe Engineering Limited are currently recruiting for a Furnace Operator to join their team based in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
Brafe Engineering Limited are an employee owned company and we are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting global customers with an end-to end single service solution. As a business, we believe in investing in the 3 P’s; People, Plant & Process and that investing time and resource into these areas will be a key factor into the company’s future performance and competitiveness.
The successful Furnace Operator reporting into the Foundry Supervisors and Head of Foundry. Your key duties will include:
- Monitoring, supervising, and maintaining the primary charge melt during the melting process.
- Reviewing furnace condition and performing furnace/ladle refurbishments.
- Adhering to melting/furnace procedures.
- Oversee to ensure the correct moulds/ceramic are available for pouring against the foundry plan.
- Making up the appropriate foundry charge using the approved batch materials. Reporting any non-conforming products.
- Ensuring all Health, Safety and Environmental protocols are adhered to.
- General understanding of all foundry related tasks.
Skills and Attributes:
- Dedicated, skilled and self-sufficient Furnace Operator.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consciousness approach to melting.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, while retaining quality standards.
- Forward thinking individual, able to challenge the status quo and develop.
- Have a passion for engineering, forever pushing the boundaries of the Foundry, embracing, and striving the latest technology developments.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place.
An excellent salary depending on experience. You will work 37 hours a week hour (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:30, Friday 08:30 – 16:00). Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays. Great benefits are on offer including: a highly competitive pension and life cover. All PPE included including Overalls and Workwear. Including full-face respiratory helmets.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in this role apply by forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org