Head of Foundry – Brafe Engineering Limited is an employee owned company and we are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy investment and sand castings, supporting global customers with an end-to-end single service solution. We are now looking for a Head of Foundry to join our team based in Woodbridge, Suffolk, on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Head of Foundry, your responsibilities are to be ambitious and passionate foundry lead wanting to take responsibility. You will own and develop a strategic plan for people, plant and process through the foundry and subsidiary processes. This is an exciting role within a developing foundry, with a growing customer base on an upward growth trajectory.
Other Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for delivery of a casting from order receipt to delivery to customer (internal or external)
- Overarching Responsibility of Pattern Shop, Repliwax, Foundry, Fettling and Upgrade (Welding)
- Improve workflow, processes and procedures.
- Interaction with technical department and customer service related to manufacturing activities and customer requirements.
- Implementation of and follow operational standards and procedures.
- Technical Development through all sub-departments.
- New Plant ROI.
- Method Sheets / Standardised processes for cut-off.
- Planning Strategy.
- People Development, Apprentices and key skill succession planning.
- Further integration and development of 3D technology (printing).
- Meeting agreed target KPIs.
- Management of efficient working hours.
- Work in collaboration with Head of Machining to ensure smooth transition of product through to internal customers.
Skills and Attributes:
- Foundry experience, technical qualification is desirable (Degree or equivalent preferable)
- Strong Leadership & people management skills
- Strong ability to communicate and coordinate a large spread team of people
This is a full-time permanent role. In return, we are offering a competitive salary up (depending on experience) and relocation package for the right candidate.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.