We are seeking a Head of IT to strengthen our IT team based in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
We are an employee owned company and world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting global customers with an end-to end single service solution.
We are looking for an experienced Head of IT to manage all IT functions in our company. You will oversee a small team of developers and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies. We are currently implementing a new manufacturing ERP system developed in-house to replace our existing system.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in analysing user needs and creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet business objectives, with preferred but not essential manufacturing experience. The candidate will also need to have a solid technical background, while able to manage, motivate and work closely with people, including delivery of IT system and process change projects.
Our goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company. Your key duties will include:
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies.
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their overall needs, and liaise with users to design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Control budget and report on expenditure
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience at Managing an IT department.
- A flexible approach to their work with a good mix of initiative and teamwork and a “can do” attitude.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- A knowledge of C# coding
- A Good understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, both within the IT department and at a management team level within the business
- Outstanding communication abilities
An excellent salary is on offer up to £55,000 depending on experience. You will work a minimum of 37 hours a week. Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays. Great benefits are on offer including: a highly competitive pension and life cover and study support is available.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in this role apply by forwarding your CV.