We are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting our global customers with an end-to end single service solution. Brafe Engineering offers a unique and unrivalled breadth of material knowledge and engineering support.
From prototyping through to serial volume production, our cutting edge, state of the art facility and highly trained staff position us perfectly to accommodate our customer’s challenges today and in the future.
We are looking for an experienced C# developer to join our team to assist with the writing of code, testing, implementation and continual development of a new bespoke ERP system. It is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate which in the first phase will involve mainly coding but with the scope to continue the development of both software and hardware needed to run an efficient business. There will also be the opportunity in the future for promotion to heading up the IT department.
Responsible To: Chris Heath - Director
- Design and build efficient and reliable C# code.
- Work closely with existing team through to completion of project.
- Collaborate with people at all levels and works closely with all users.
- Work to a project plan.
- Responsible for the company’s application portfolio which includes database maintenance, coding, upgrades, and resolving database performance issues.
- Collaborate with end users to help refine their processes and designs and translate these requirements into system specifications and improvements.
- Assist in the designs of automated modules/applications that meet business objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods, and operation requirements.
- Work closely with all user departments.
- Perform maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
- Provide support for IT related issues.
- Adhere to company policies regarding use of company software, data protection (GDPR) and use of company equipment.
- Proficient in C#.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Understanding of .NET Generics (generic lists, objects, extension methods etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of creating and maintaining Winforms Custom User Controls.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- In depth understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge and understanding of source control environments especially Git in a Team Foundation Services environment.
- 37 Hour Week, Standard Hours 08:30 – 16:30 (Mon-Thurs) 08:30 – 16:00 (Fri)
- Highly Competitive Pension.
- Life Cover.
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Hourly rate dependent on experience.