Brafe Engineering Limited is an employee-owned company and a world-leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting global customers with an end-to end single service solution.
Position: Welding Engineer
This position would be responsible for the coordination, maintenance, and supervision of welding operations.
Purpose of Position:
- Review contractual manufacturing requirements and technical data provided by client, end-user, supply chain, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary information to carry out welding operations is generated and available prior to commencement of work.
- Product standards to be used together with supplementary requirements.
- Statutory, regulatory, client/end-user specific requirements and the capability to meet them.
- Support the business during client and third-party audits, ensuring compliance to any applicable requirements.
Produce, Manage, and Review:
- Parent material specifications and weld joint properties.
- Quality requirements for welding operations.
- Specifications of welding procedures in accordance with BS EN ISO 15614 & ASME IX
- Welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment.
- Qualification and monitoring of personnel in accordance with BS EN ISO 9606, BS EN ISO 14732 & ASME IX.
- Organise independent inspections when required by contract.
- Technical queries, concessions, and non-conformances.
- Monitoring of welding equipment and associated calibration and maintenance.
- Direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing welding inspections to ensure workers compliance with established welding procedures and standards.
- Develop welding techniques, procedures and applications of welding equipment and processes for problem-solving involving fabrication of materials, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys and engineering/manufacturing principles.
- Evaluate new developments and technologies in welding for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques and/or metals.
- Implement and oversee auditing of welding personnel engaged in company activities.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Welding and Fabrication
Report to: Chief Metallurgist
Reports: Welding Technicians & Upgrade Supervisor
- HNC Fabrication & Welding
- TWI Diploma (or equivalent) in Welding Engineering
- Previous experience in welding coordination
- Knowledge of welding processes and safety standards
- Knowledge of ASME IX and ISO 15614 standards
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Metallurgical knowledge applicable to welding processes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
40k plus, depending upon experience. You will work 37 hours a week with a holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays. Great benefits are on offer including a highly competitive pension scheme and life cover.
If you feel that have the relevant experience and are interested in this role, please apply by forwarding your CV to Klair at firstname.lastname@example.org